New Zealand Honeymoon (Part 1) - Initial Plan....

(Image captured by myself, Canon 60D with Canon 10-22mm lens)
The reasons to select NZ for Honeymoon
Honestly, New Zealand was not my first thought for spending my honeymoon for due to quite a number of reasons. The first thought of the place was Korea which we have planned to visit this country for quite a while. The main reason I have selected Korea initially was due to the lower cost spending for this holiday and also the attractive sceneries are also one of my consideration.

Rings on bible
(Image by rKliseSF)
My wedding was held in January 2011. As we have spent quite a big sum of money on my wedding, hence, we were thinking to have a holiday as budget way- Korea or Taiwan is first choice. However,  after doing some research on honeymoon through google, my wife and I were attracted by the attraction of New Zealand. We started do more researches on New Zealand and discuss with some friend through forums. At the end, we have made a conclusion - we would like to make this honeymoon as memorial moment for my life , we must give ourselves a wonderful and full of surprise trip. However, in order to save money, we selected as a way of backpacking to visit New Zealand. New Zealand, we are coming!!!

After deciding....
As that was the first time we were doing backpack alone (My wife and myself), we have some nervous and do not know how to start with the route planning although we have gone through numerous of information. We started to do the planning in September 2010 and our real tour is around end of January 2011.

For our honeymoon, we were managed to have 14 days leave from my employer, this is the longest period the employer allowed after requesting few times. We planed to visit New Zealand in summer and to the South Island only, the weather there is about 10-15 degree (but experienced that has few days the temperature fell below 10 degree and hit about 5-8 degree in the morning), cool man.

The main reason I chose to visit South Island of New Zealand is due to not enough of vacantion leave I managed to get. In addition, photography is my hobby, I would think that South Island is more suitable to me and my wife after researching some information as we both really like the natural especially the landscaping.

The image I attached on this page, was taken at the Malaysia Airport (KLIA) when we were waiting for the flight to Brisbane, Australia. (We did transit from Brisbane to Christchurch, New Zealand). That was a very exciting day!!!

To be continue~~~

Comments

  1. After examine a few of the weblog posts in your web site now, and I truly like your approach of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark web site listing and might be checking again soon. Pls take a look at my web site as well and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Pang,
    I like your blog...it has some awesome photos and very well written with humanity!
    Thank you for adding a link to our website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pang, will visit Queenstown in May 2012 - come across your blog while searching for information about the place. Your photos are stunning! Love your blog and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lam, I will keep update my blog. Please always come and visit here. Thanks. Update us and share your story after you complete your Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 很SWEET 的HONEYMOON :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

After you comment, please sign up for my Newsletter and Facebook's Fans Page. Thanks for your support.

Your comment will be appeared in 48hours after review.