New Zealand Honeymoon (Part 3) - Monetary Budget



Money is the most important factor in our life where people care about how to spend it in correct purpose. For the monetary budget of New Zealand's honeymoon, it is depending on how much spared fund you have on hand. I never ask you too spend 100% of your saving on this New Zealand trip, however, please don't keep your money in your pocket forever and try to spend it out to open your mind from travelling .

To me, I am so POOR... so I would spend my any single cent be very worth of it.

Initially, I set my budget limit as no more than NZ$4,160 and end up the actual traveling cost incurred for this 14days trips was less than my budget which was about NZ$4,000. Refer to below for the details was my initial monetary budget.


NZ$
1,550
Accommodation
430
Foods
380
Entrance tickets
860
Souvenir
100
Car rental, petrol, bus/taxi
670
Travel insurance
45
Visa for Australia
25

4,060

To me, this was not a luxury monetary budget and I didn't said I would tortured my wife and myself during the trip. So, I still gave myself a freedom on spending some of the expenses, for example - Food and skydive.

This was quite a high price I bought for the tickets as the cheaper budget direct flight from Malaysia to New Zealand was launched after 2 months I had back to Malaysia. The tickets I bought needed transition in Queensland, Australia, so was considered troublesome, wasting the flying time and costly. 

Based on the newly estimation after the budget airline launched, we could actually save about ZN$700 from the budget direct flight.

My advise is, try to buy the air ticket direct fly to New Zealand instead of having the transition in other countries as wasting our precious time. 

Table below is the listing which I had been stay in New Zealand and Australia:

Date
Place
Hostel
Price




Day 1
Christchurch
Dorset House Backpackers
NZD 69

 Recommended





Address:
1 Dorset Street, PO Box 25350, Christchurch 8144, New Zealand


Phone:
+6433668268





Day 2
Lake Tekapo
YHA
NZD 88




Address:
3 Simpson Lane, Lake Tekapo


Phone:
+6436806857





Day 3
Lake Wanaka
BBH - Wanaka Bakpaka
NZD 68

 Recommended





Address:
117 Lakeside Road, Wanaka, New Zealand


Phone:
+64 (0)3 443 7837





Day 4
Frans Josef
YHA
NZD 83

 Recommended


Address:
2-4 Cron St,Franz Josef


Phone:
+6437520754









Day 5
Lake Wanaka
BBH - Wanaka Bakpaka
NZD 80







Address:
117 Lakeside Road, Wanaka


Phone:
03 443 7837





Day 6
Queenstown
YHA - Lakefront
NZD 81

 Recommended


Address:
88-90 Lake Esplanade, Queenstown


Phone:
+64 3 442 8413





Day 7 & 8
Te Anau
YHA
NZD 152

 Recommended


Address:
29 Mokonui Street, Te Anau


Phone:
+64 3 249 7847





Day 9
Dunedin
Kiwis Nest
NZD 60







Address:
597 George St, Dunedin, New Zealand


Phone:
+64 3 4719540









Day 10
Oamaru
BBH - Old Bones
NZD 66

 Recommended





Address:
468 Beach Road Oamaru New Zealand


Phone:
03 434 8115





Day 11
Christchurch
Dorset House Backpackers
NZD 69

 Recommended





Address:
1 Dorset Street, PO Box 25350, Christchurch 8144, New Zealand


Phone:
+6433668268





Day 12
Gold Coast, Australia
YHA - Coolangtta
AUD 67




Address:
Coolangatta/Kirra Beach YHA. 230 Coolangatta Road, Bilinga 4225 


Phone:
(07) 5536 7644



Refer to the Recommended in Red colour above, those are considered not bad to stay with. Especially the BBH in Oamaru, this is unquestionably good environment and with good facilities, however, which is about 3km far from city. For your info, the price is for a room for 2 person, it will be cheaper if you get a room share with more people.

As the period I visited New Zealand was in Summer season, peak season, hence I had booked all the accommodations after I set up my Itinerary as I was worried I could not get any in rush.

3. Foods
In order to save money, we did cook ourselves in BBH/YHA; we did have good dinners outside and we prepared sandwich for lunch as well. I will share with you the foods I had taken in New Zealand in my later article.

4. Entrance ticket per pax

 NZD
99
67
74
18
598

856


Skydive is really expensive, but it was worth!!!! It was the most memorable moment of my life!!! If you have enough fund, please try!!!

Except the ticket for Skydiving, I had booked the tickets for the rest in advance before I reach there. Some of the tickets are cheaper if online purchase.

5. Souvenir
Not much souvenir I bought in New Zealand ...hahah...Christchurch has quite many of shops selling souvenir.

6. Car rental, petrol, bus/taxi
Ace Car Rental was the one I rented the car for my 12 days in New Zealand. The reason I selected this company is due to I obtained some good comments from other forums on this company. To me, the service and the car quality is good, is reasonable and okay for recruiting their service, some more is cheap.

Summary of car rental for 11 days:

NZ$
Rental 11 days @ $44 per day
440
GPS
110
Insurance
143

693

For GPS, honestly, it is not really necessary for traveling in New Zealand as the map and direction of New Zealand is very easy to familiarize.

For Petrol consumption, is about NZ$0.20 per kilometer, travel around of south island is about 2400km for my trip.

For you information, the rental will be much more higher in Summer than the other three seasons.

7. Travel insurance 
Depend on yourself, but I would suggest to have one for our security.

8. Visa
This was for the transition in Australia. I was staying in Australia for 1 night.








Comments

  1. Hi Pang, I'm also planning the same trip with my gf,except that we only have 10days!Leaving in winter next year by AA. Just ;like you to know that the info u provided are really fabulous! It's our first time enjoying snow,ha ha..terima kasih! Can I pm u if need more info?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup!We are 2girls from M'sia.working in Genting Highlands,just back from a 12days Japan trip in July,hopefully we can exchange some ideas in future :)Meanwhile, u can reply me at thamky71@yahoo.com

    Do let me knw whr can I pm u?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

After you comment, please sign up for my Newsletter and Facebook's Fans Page. Thanks for your support.

Your comment will be appeared in 48hours after review.